The Providence Cancer Institute in Oregon is seeking board-certified/board-eligible malignant hematologists and a classical hematologist to join its expanding team of medical oncologists in Portland, Oregon. Qualified candidates will have experience and expertise in the diagnosis and management of the full spectrum of hematologic disorders. Physicians within the Providence Cancer Institute benefit from a built-in referral base made-up of an extensive network of primary and specialty clinics in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Join the dedicated team of over 30 medical oncologists and nurse practitioners providing care in 6 clinics at Providence Cancer Institute where you and your patients will have access to a vast library of clinical trials and groundbreaking research in immunotherapy. You’ll be part of a team focused on delivering uncompromising, quality, care in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Malignant Hematology (view full job posting):
• Completion of ACGME/AOA approved Hematology/Oncology Fellowship
• Ideal candidates will have experience and/or training treating all types of blood cancers with specific experience in autologous transplant, CAR-T
Classical Hematology (view full job posting):
• Completion of ACGME/AOA approved Hematology/Oncology Fellowship program or 2-year fellowship in Hematology
• Ideal candidates will have experience treating a broad range of thrombotic and hemorrhagic disorders; hemoglobin disorders such as sickle cell disease; anemia; thrombocytopenia; disorders of iron metabolism; obstetric hematologic conditions; rare genetic hematologic diseases.
• Full-time, 1.0 FTE; Schedule is 4 clinical days per week with dedicated administrative time.
• Breakthrough research and clinical trials through the Earl A. Chiles Research Institute
• Work with colleagues across different specialty areas providing a coordinated, compassionate, multidisciplinary approach.
• Cellular therapies to fight cancer with both FDA-approved treatments and clinical trials.
• Autologous stem cell transplant program offers treatment for a broad range of diseases.
• Guaranteed salary, quality incentive, signing bonus, CME funds and hours, and relocation assistance available.
• Comprehensive Employed Provider Benefits Package, including Paid Time Off, Health, Life, Dental, Vision, Disability and Malpractice Insurance
• As a non-profit organization, Providence is an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Where You’ll Work
Providence Cancer Institute of Oregon brings together the leading cancer specialists, clinical and research teams of Providence, including the Earle A. Chiles Research Institute in the Robert W. Franz Cancer Center on the campus of Providence Portland Medical Center, as well as top-rated Oncology clinics in hospitals across the Oregon region. Multidisciplinary, tumor-site-specific teams work together to give patients and their families the best care possible and access to the most promising clinical trials and advanced technology.
Where You’ll Live
Portland is rich in character and culture, with strong neighborhood identities and community bonds that defy its population of 2.3 million. Home of the Portland Trail Blazers, “Rip City” offers residents a high quality of life, an incredibly diverse array of dining options and a thriving job market. The city is also an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca, ideally situated between waterfalls, beaches, Mt. Hood skiing and hiking trails, forests and the Columbia River Gorge.
Who You’ll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission – to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Check out our benefits page for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran