Director, Clinical Cancer Research- Lahey Cancer Institute– BI Lahey Health – Burlington and Peabody, MA
The Division of Hematology/Oncology at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (LHMC), a member of Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH), is seeking a full-time BC/BE Medical Oncologist to lead our clinical cancer research program.
The successful candidate will be based at both the LHMC Burlington and Lahey Medical Center Peabody (LMCP) sites, focused on the clinical care of cancer patients with disease-based specialization. Areas of clinical need include thoracic and gastrointestinal oncology and sarcoma; although other areas of focus would be considered.
- The physician will be a leader in the Lahey Cancer Institute (LCI) focusing on clinical research. LCI comprises the cancer programs of LHMC, LMCP, and Beverly, Addison Gilbert and Winchester Hospitals as well as close affiliations with St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua, New Hampshire and Parkland Medical Center in Derry and Salem, New Hampshire. Total new analytic cancer cases within the LCI exceed 5,000 annually.
- The successful candidate will oversee research operations at LHMC, LMCP as well as Beverly, Addison Gilbert and Winchester Hospitals
- LCI maintains a large clinical research program and is a main member in SWOG and NRG. Current LCI faculty are actively engaged with SWOG committees on a national Group level
- Significant opportunities also exist for research collaborations with staff at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical in Boston, the other major academic research institution in the BILH system
- Located just north of Boston, MA, the area provides excellent school systems, abundant cultural activities in a world class city and convenient access to the mountains and seacoast throughout New England.
- The successful candidate will be a part of the Division’s Hematology/Oncology Faculty participating in training of medical students from Tufts University School of Medicine and the University of Massachusetts, Chan School of Medicine, and Fellows from Tufts Medical Center. They will become a core faculty member of the new LHMC hematology-oncology fellowship program.
- The Division of Hematology/Oncology is affiliated with both Tufts University School of Medicine and the University Of Massachusetts Chan School Of Medicine. Faculty appointments are accompanied by an expectation for an academic appointment commensurate with level of achievement.
- Excellent benefits package (4 weeks of vacation, 10 Holidays, 20 CME Days, Licenses and Board Exams, Liability, Health, Dental and Vision, 403B and 457B Retirement plans, plus more).
Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, a 317-bed tertiary care facility, outpatient clinic and Level I trauma center is a physician-led, multi-disciplinary group practice of more than 600 physicians. We maintain several accredited residency and fellowship programs. Lahey Medical Center Peabody, located a short distance from the LHMC main campus in Burlington, MA, has a free-standing cancer center. Both sites offer state-of-the-art infusion, radiation oncology, genetics, specialized outpatient surgical services and in-house molecular diagnostics including next generation sequencing.
Diversity is a core value at Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for our staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
Please submit CV and cover letter to: Corrine Zarwan, MD, Chair, Division of Hematology and Oncology c/o firstname.lastname@example.org.