St. Luke’s Cancer Center is recruiting for the future! St Luke’s University Health Network is rapidly growing and is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Medical Oncologist with a passion for informatics to join our well-developed and multidisciplinary Cancer Care Team of physicians and advanced practitioners.
A Message from Israel Zighelboim, MD, FACOG, FACS
Network Chairman, Department of Oncology – Cancer Center Director
We are restructuring St. Luke’s Cancer Center to reflect the substantial growth and novel capabilities of our Network. Now we offer premier opportunities for clinicians, researchers, and leaders to drive cutting edge care, research and education in the patient-friendly format that our community has embraced and preferred for now more than 150 years.
Successful candidates should:
- Have excellent communication skills and a commitment to delivering comprehensive and compassionate oncology care within their robust outpatient and clinical practice.
- An interest in scholarly activity, teaching, clinical trials, and clinical research.
- We are a COC accredited Oncology program
- Established fellowship program with 2 Hematology/Oncology fellows
- SLUHN Cancer Center received the National Cancer Institute’s National Clinical Trials High Performance Site Award (2017, 2018).
- Recently, St. Luke’s Cancer Center has received five awards from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. St. Luke’s Cancer center also received superior rating for lung cancer surgery results.
- The St. Luke’s Oncology department has a long-standing tradition of delivering clinical care. Our team is comprised of specially trained individuals including patient navigators, nurse navigators, and counselors to help guide, comfort, and empower our patients through their journey.
- We also offer a healing arts program, nutrition support, access to rehab and physical therapy, insurance and financial support, clinical trials, and support groups to make our patients health care journeys as easy and understandable as possible.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and generous CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
About St. Luke’s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of 18,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and over 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $3 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe and Schuylkill counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. To learn more about SLUHN, please visit www.slhn.org
St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program. Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers
About the Lehigh Valley & Surrounding Areas
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please contact:
Senior Physician Recruiter
St. Luke’s University Health Network
*We do not sponsor visas