BREAST MEDICAL ONCOLOGIST OPPORTUNITY
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute
Hartford HealthCare (HHC), the largest integrated healthcare delivery system in Connecticut, seeks medical oncologists with breast cancer focus to practice within a multidisciplinary, collaborative care model. Two separate positions are available, one located at Hartford Hospital, an 867 bed tertiary care, academic medical center and a second at The Hospital of Central Connecticut, a 414 bed community hospital with a dedicated ambulatory breast cancer center. The breast cancer service line unites breast cancer medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, pathologists and allied health professionals across the system who work together to establish system standards of excellence in care and programmatic development and growth.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute oversees the care of one third of patients with breast cancer in Connecticut and is the charter member of the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Alliance whose mission is to accelerate the transfer of knowledge from academic medical centers to community healthcare. Our healthcare system includes seven hospitals and multiple ambulatory care centers with multidisciplinary breast services offered at every site. This means more opportunity to propel your career to new heights within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation and focus on the highest quality of patient care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, and most of all dedicated to the highest level of patient-centered care. This position is ideal for the physician looking for MORE EXPERTISE AND COLLABORATION in their career and the ability to fully utilize their intellectual curiosity.
- More than 1400 new cases of breast cancer are diagnosed annually at the Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute; 600/year at Hartford Hospital and 300/year at The Hospital of Central Connecticut
- The Hartford HealthCare Breast Disease Management Team (DMT) is a multi-disciplinary body that meets quarterly and functions to standardize care and practices across the integrated delivery system. Quality metrics, clinical guidelines, clinical research, dissemination of new techniques and new initiatives are centralized within the DMT. Additionally the breast medical oncologists meet regularly to address issues specific to breast medical oncology care.
- The Breast DMT collaborates with the Memorial Sloan Kettering Breast DMT to advance education, quality improvement and research.
- There are weekly breast case conferences involving a multi-disciplinary team of breast providers including fellowship trained breast surgeons and radiologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, plastic surgeons, genetic counselors, breast nurse navigators and clinical research staff.
- Hospitalist teams cover in-patient care with oncology consult service provided by medical oncology
- There are opportunities to participate in teaching, clinical research, and quality/outcomes research.
- Hartford HealthCare is a growing and financially secure physician led organization.
- Hartford HealthCare supports personal development and well-being though the HHC Physician Leadership Development Institute and the Office of Provider Wellness.
Ideally situated between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family the finest schools in the nation; four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
If you are looking for MORE FULFILLMENT IN YOUR CAREER, email Jonathan Nye, Physician Recruiter at Jonathan.Nye@hhchealth.org or call, text (860) 657-6087.
- Experienced Breast Medical Oncologist
- Demonstrated experience practicing within a multidisciplinary team model of care for breast patients
- Academic accomplishment in clinical trials or quality improvement is highly desirable.
- Eligible for licensure in the state of Connecticut