Schedule: Full-time, 4-day work week; Weekend and holiday rotation
(Part-time opportunities also available)
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Physicians Hematology & Oncology is seeking a BC/BE Hematologist Oncologist to join our 11-physician medical oncology/hematology group in Lancaster, PA. We are a high functioning team that is well supported with staff and resources. We serve an interesting, diverse and friendly community. Critical to our mission success is our unwavering focus on building our team, maintaining provider quality of life, continuing education, and job satisfaction.
We are an integral component of One Penn Medicine, the University of Pennsylvania Health System cancer care program, sharing site-specific oncology disease teams that focus on quality, safety, and program growth. We are forward thinking physicians who share our focus on quality, patient satisfaction and financial stability and are interested in leadership. All physicians develop areas of site specific cancer care focus and clinical trials participation. Being part of Penn Medicine creates cross-system research and growth opportunities.
Our holistic professional multidisciplinary care team includes eight Advanced Practice Providers, ten nurse navigators, four social workers, two dieticians, two chaplains, four financial counselors, two Behavioral Health specialists and three physical therapists. We have two full time onsite licensed cancer Genetic Counselors, and a clinical research team.
The clinical week may comprise four clinical days with occasional evening, weekend and holiday call coverage shared among all the medical oncologists.
Our physicians practice in a single location, Penn Medicine’s Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute, a 90,000 square foot state-of-the-art cancer center that provides medical, surgical, radiation, palliative and wellness oncology (33 physicians) under one roof. Our warm, light-filled, modern cancer institute includes 70 infusion chairs, 53 examination rooms, 4 linear accelerators, brachytherapy, the nation's first CyberKnife M6, and an integrated Proton Therapy Center. For a virtual tour of the Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute, please click here.
If you are looking for a collaborative, innovative practice that values personal creativity, leadership, and supports your professional growth, this is the opportunity for you!
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or Board eligible.
- Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Completion of a Hematology/Oncology fellowship.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Deferred Savings and Retirement Programs with generous employer match and annual contribution Healthcare coverage and multiple plan options to meet individual and family needs Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts for further pre-tax savings Employer paid Professional Liability Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance benefits Annual CME payout with time off.
For more information or to apply, email: LGH.PhysicianApply@pennmedicine.upenn.edu
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.