UW Health Northern Illinois seeks a Gynecology/Oncology Surgeon to join the Medical Oncology team at UW Health Northern Illinois Regional Cancer Center in Rockford, IL. Our philosophy is to provide compassionate, supportive, comprehensive cancer care for our community.
UW Health Northern Illinois has a dedicated employed referral base of 7 medical oncologists and referral base of 260+ employed providers. A board-certified urogynecologist is employed and will partner for the development of a pelvic floor program.
Facilities and Support:
- 12 county referral regions with population >550,000
- Second busiest emergency department in Illinois with over 90,000 visits/year
- 15 large, multi-use surgical suites in main campus and two in Belvidere
- Three state-of-the-art DaVinci Xi suites
- State-of-the-art Regional Cancer Center
Professional Duties/Physician Needs:
- Full-time practice with Outpatient, Inpatient, Surgery and Consultation.
- Faculty appointment at UW Health-Madison
- Leadership in Gynecology/Oncology program.
- Opportunity to build program through outreach with dedicated leadership time and medical director stipend.
- Support and mentorship from UW Health Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Salary commensurate with training and experience.
About the Greater Rockford Area:
Rockford and northern Illinois offer world-class attractions, outstanding recreation opportunities and beautiful parks — all at a cost of living significantly below those of most metropolitan areas. And for a quick visit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison are each just 90 minutes away or less. The Greater Rockford area offers superb cultural, recreational and outdoor amenities along with an eclectic arts community of theater, symphony, museums and dance. With an award-winning park district, Rockford also offers unrivaled outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals plus Golf Digest-ranked golf courses, endless bike trails and extensive indoor and outdoor sports centers. In addition, we have excellent private, parochial and public-school options including the renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5% nationally.
For more information on how you can advance your career with UW Health Northern Illinois, or to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration, please contact Jessica Marquez, firstname.lastname@example.org (779) 696-7073