Astera Cancer Care
Board Certified Oncologist - Director, Clinical Research
East Brunswick, NJ
Astera Cancer Care, located in East Brunswick, NJ, is actively searching for a skilled Hematologist/Medical Oncologist who is board-certified. The position entails a unique opportunity to blend clinical and research responsibilities. The perfect candidate would possess a strong background in both providing direct patient care and conducting research, particularly in the realm of clinical trials.
Astera Cancer Care is a physician-owned multi-specialty community oncology practice delivering high-quality, coordinated, patient-centered cancer care. At Astera Cancer Care, their mission is to transform cancer care and the care and management of blood disorders with patient-focused, research-based treatment guided by compassion. Their team of multidisciplinary experts works together to improve the patient experience and provide efficient access to care, minimizing the clinical, financial, and emotional barriers that patients face. The practice offers Hematology/Medical Oncology, Breast Surgery, Palliative Care, Radiation Oncology, and Clinical Trials & Research Programs.
The position calls for a dynamic and high-achieving individual who showcases exceptional scientific expertise relevant to clinical research in hematology or oncology, coupled with unwavering personal and ethical principles. The ideal candidate should seamlessly blend into their designated team, exhibiting a strong sense of comfort and collaboration. This individual will dedicate three days per week to clinical responsibilities, involving patient interactions within the oncology realm while dedicating one day per week to spearheading research and overseeing clinical trial initiatives.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the oncology clinical trials and research department aligned with the organization's broader medical and research goals.
- Collaborate with senior management to set realistic objectives, timelines, and budgetary allocations for research initiatives.
- Design and review clinical trial protocols to ensure scientific rigor, ethical compliance, and patient safety.
- Supervise the initiation, execution, and completion of multiple clinical trials concurrently.
- Monitor and analyze trial progress, outcomes, and safety data to make data-driven decisions and adapt protocols as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements and guidelines governing clinical trials in oncology.
- Establish and maintain ethical standards, obtaining necessary approvals from institutional review boards (IRBs) and ethics committees.
- Foster a collaborative environment among interdisciplinary teams, including physicians, researchers, statisticians, data managers, and other relevant staff.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and professional development opportunities for team members.
- Analyze trial results and data to draw meaningful conclusions and contribute to scientific publications and presentations at conferences.
- Prepare regular reports and updates on the progress and outcomes of clinical trials for stakeholders and governing bodies.
- Represent the organization in professional conferences, scientific meetings, and collaborations with industry partners and academic institutions.
- Actively seek opportunities for collaboration and funding for oncology research.
- Ensure all processes, documentation, and procedures comply with quality assurance standards for clinical trials.
- Highly Competitive Compensation Models, including Productivity/Quality Incentives.
- 3 days clinic, 1 day research and 1 admin day
- CME Reimbursement.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental Benefits.
- Retirement Savings Plan.
- Malpractice Coverage Paid.
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- Chance to Care for Patients in the Comfort of their Communities.
- Opportunity for Career Growth.
- Ability to Enroll Patients in Clinical Trials.
- Ability to Participate and Present Research at Conferences.
- Become part of Physician-Led Organizations that Supports Work/Life Balance.