Ochsner Health – Cancer Services
Ochsner Health is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Hematologist Oncologist in Covington and Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to join its expanding, multi- specialty group practice. The St. Tammany Cancer Center – A Campus of Ochsner Medical Center is one of the new Ochsner MD Anderson locations bringing innovation to the fight against cancer to the Northshore community. Located in Baton Rouge and on the campus of Ochsner Health Center – Covington and near St. Tammany Parish Hospital, the cancer center provides patients with convenient access to world-class cancer care.
Ochsner MD Anderson Cancer Center is one of only seven MD Anderson Cancer Center partners in the country and the only one in Louisiana. It joins a collaborative network of hospitals and health care systems dedicated to advancing MD Anderson’s mission to improve the quality and accessibility of cancer care and research. As such, Ochsner MD Anderson patients in southeastern Louisiana receive care based on the same protocols and practice standards provided at MD Anderson in Houston, Texas, and benefit from integration with its clinicians and researchers. Ochsner MD Anderson experts adhere to the philosophy, process and guidelines of MD Anderson’s clinical leadership, and they provide a full range of multidisciplinary care options, including medical oncology, surgery and radiation.
Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Gulf South. Positions are available in Baton Rouge and Covington, Louisiana.
Details of the Position:
- Ochsner Cancer Center – offering chemotherapy infusion and radiation oncology services
- Weekly call rotation shared with the physicians in the group
- Hospital consultant practice only
- Support available from specialists throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Research and teaching opportunities available
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
About Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
The Baton Rouge Region is home to the capitol of Louisiana and has a revitalized downtown area that includes live music, museums, art galleries and top-notch food scenes. We are the only multi-specialty group practice in Baton Rouge that is fully integrated with a hospital facility, Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge. Our facilities are focused on making healthcare accessible by offering digital medicine programs, virtual visits and extended hours.
The Northshore Region, near Mandeville, Slidell and Covington, LA is located north of Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. Just 30 miles from New Orleans the Northshore region offers a family oriented low cost of living location with easy access to all the amenities of a city. Known for its many recreational programs for both adults and kids, excellent parks, frequent festivals and community events throughout the year, the Northshore has continued to attract residents to the growing area. Additionally, St Tammany Parish is ranked #1 for its outstanding, award-winning public school system
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.