Inspire health. Serve with Compassion. Be the difference.
Division Chief of Medical Oncology
Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a board-certified Medical Oncologist with prior experience in leadership and academics to serve as Division Chief of Medical Oncology in the Midlands of South Carolina.
- Provide oversight of staffing, scheduling, and resource development for two medical oncology clinics- one on the Richland campus and one on the Tuomey campus.
- Engage in inclusive recruitment practices aimed at improving diversity amongst physicians and advance practice providers.
- Serve as an advocate for division members in regular meetings with the Oncology leadership team.
- Participate in advocacy, quality, and innovation efforts within the division.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and faculty development for division members who will become future leaders.
- Work collaboratively to identify and rectify inequities in the care of the oncology population served by the division, modeling these tenets as part of ongoing mentorship and education of resident physicians and medical students in the clinical setting.
- Provide clinical care in a supervisory and independent practice role in the outpatient setting without requirement of inpatient work.
- Competitive salary with additional professional allowance
- Dedicated administrative time
- Paid relocation and malpractice with tail coverage
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer
- EPIC EMR
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals.
Columbia is the state capital with a diverse population and a large selection of cultural amenities due to the University of South Carolina’s 30,000 students. In addition to having an affordable cost of living, it is very family friendly with good schools, a revitalized downtown, nationally ranked zoo and children`s museums. Outdoor activities are a premium due to its rivers, 650 miles of Lake Murray shoreline and state and national parks within 30-minute drives.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Tina Owens, Manager, Physician Recruitment, email@example.com.