Join us on the Chesapeake Bay coast of Virginia where sailing, fishing, championship golf, and outstanding schools are just part of the reason you should consider relocating to our community!
RIVERSIDE HEALTH SYSTEM MISSION: To care for others as we would care for those we love.
Opportunities exist in: NEWPORT NEWS (Hematology/Medical Oncology Physician; Radiation Oncology Physician); EASTERN SHORE (Radiation Oncology Physician)
- NEWPORT NEWS
- 15-18 patients per day New: 1 hour; Follow-ups: 15 min
- 4 days in clinic with 1 day for administrative tasks
- Employed by Riverside Medical Group
- Academic affiliations with Virginia Commonwealth University and University of Virginia
- Physicians with research interests and interests in genetics are encouraged to apply
- Must be BC/BE in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology
- Unable to support J1 visa providers
RADIATION ONCOLOGY OPPORTUNITIES
- NEWPORT NEWS: Based out of Riverside Cancer Center and Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC), our Level II Trauma Center, Busy practice, Two linear accelerators with cutting edge technology; Strong clinical support with dedicated internist
- EASTERN SHORE: Rural practice treating approximately 150 patients per year; Elekta Synergy linear accelerator with IGRT and electrons; Located in a new Cancer Center alongside medical oncology, attached to Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital; Programs include: lung nodule, H&N committee, tumor boards, etc.
- EMRs: Epic and Mosiaq Radiation Oncology
- Must be BC/BE in Radiation Oncology
- Unable to support J1 visa providers
- Four acute care hospitals (five in late 2025)
- Three specialty hospitals: Riverside Behavioral Health Center, Riverside Rehabilitation Hospital in partnership with Select Medical, and Select Specialty Hospital
- A coverage area of 8,000 square miles in Coastal Virginia
- Integrative and complimentary oncology programs available
- Approximately 2,500 new cancers seen in 2022
- Over 110 Riverside Medical Group offices
- Urgent Care
- Two Lifeplan communities; six nursing home facilities; six assisted living facilities
- Home care, home health, palliative care, hospice, and private duty nursing
- Physical therapy clinics and wellness centers
The Virginia Lifestyle
- Fish, sail, or water ski on the James River or the Chesapeake Bay.
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities as well as sophisticated dining and entertainment.
- Multitude of outstanding educational options; including local colleges and universities.
- Three airports to choose from.
- Urban, suburban and rural locations
You would be part of Riverside Medical Group (RMG), a 700+ provider multi-specialty clinical team that is the center of one of America’s strongest healthcare delivery organizations−Riverside Health System. Through its EPIC EMR system, RMG is able to provide safe, quality medical care for over 485,000 patients in 132 locations across the communities they serve.
Riverside Health System employs over 10,000 team members. Their flagship facility is Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) located in Newport News, Virginia − a newly-renovated, state-of-the-art, 510-bed community hospital. Riverside supports four residency programs (Family, Emergency, OB/GYN, and TY) and features a robust ultrasound program and cutting-edge simulation lab. Their system is shaped by the integration of physicians at multiple levels and in pivotal leadership positions. Riverside recognizes that strong, fully-engaged doctors are the key to their ongoing success. With a long-standing commitment to physician leadership, Riverside is a system that is well-prepared to help you face the challenging growth of healthcare demands.
For more information, please contact:
Riverside Health System