The Division of Hematology/Oncology of Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (LHMC), a member of Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH), is seeking a full time BC/BE Medical Oncologist, specializing in the care of Gastrointestinal Cancer Patients.
The successful candidate will be based at both the LHMC Burlington and Lahey Medical Center Peabody (LMCP) sites, primarily focused on the care of GI cancer patients with potential opportunity for additional disease based specialization. The position offers excellent administrative and nurse navigation support with infrequent night and weekend call expectations.
- Located just north of Boston, MA, the area provides excellent school systems, abundant cultural activities in a world class city and convenient access to the mountains and seacoast throughout New England.
- The successful candidate will be a part of the Division’s Hematology/Oncology Faculty participating in training of medical students from Tufts University School of Medicine and the University of Massachusetts, Chan School of Medicine, fellows from Tufts Medical Center, and a core faculty member of a new LHMC hematology-oncology fellowship program.
- The physician will be a regional expert in GI medical oncology as part of Lahey Health Cancer Institute (LHCI) which comprises the cancer programs of LHMC, LMCP, and Beverly, Addison Gilbert and Winchester Hospitals as well as close affiliations with St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua, New Hampshire and Parkland Medical Center in Derry, New Hampshire. Total new analytic cancer cases within the LHCI exceed 5,000 annually.
- LHCI maintains a large clinical research program and is a main member in SWOG and NRG.
- Depending upon qualifications, there is also an opportunity for a leadership role in GI oncology within the 13-hospital BILH system which collectively sees approximately 10,000 new analytic cancer cases annually.
- Excellent benefits package (4 weeks of vacation, 10 Holidays, 20 CME Days, License’s and Board Exams, Liability, Health, Dental and Vision, 403B and 457B Retirement plans, plus more)
The Division of Hematology/Oncology is affiliated with Tufts University School of Medicine and the University of Massachusetts Chan School of Medicine, with an opportunity for an academic appointment commensurate with level of achievement.
Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, a 317-bed tertiary care facility, outpatient clinic and Level I trauma center is a physician-led, multi-disciplinary group practice of more than 600 physicians. We maintain several accredited residency and fellowship programs. Lahey Medical Center Peabody, located a short distance from the LHMC main campus in Burlington, MA, has a free-standing cancer center. Both sites offer state of the art infusion, radiation oncology, genetics, specialized outpatient surgical services and in-house molecular diagnostics including next generation sequencing.
Diversity is a core value at Beth Israel Lahey Health. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for our staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
Please submit CV and cover letter to: Corrine Zarwan, MD, Chair, Division of Hematology and Oncology c/o firstname.lastname@example.org.