Leading the future of health care
Kaiser Permanente / The Permanente Medical Group
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG - Kaiser Permanente Northern California) is one of the largest multispecialty medical groups in the nation with over 9,500 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California and a 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. We partner exclusively with Kaiser Permanente Health Plan to provide comprehensive care to a diverse population of 4 million members in a fully integrated health care setting.
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Physicians
Full-time and Per Diem Openings in Oakland, California
We are currently seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Hematologist/Oncologist to join our growing pediatric specialty group in Oakland, California. Responsibilities for this clinical position include attending in inpatient and outpatient pediatric settings, consultations for general pediatricians, and teaching medical students and residents. The candidate should have completed a fellowship in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and be BE/BC in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. The candidate should have excellent communication and teaching skills. The ideal candidate should also possess leadership experience with a track-record of team-building and successful collaboration.
Kaiser Permanente Oakland is an active COG member with over 75 new oncology patients/year. Our thriving hematology practice consists of approximately 100 sickle cell patients and 50 hemophilia patients. We collaborate with colleagues to foster a multidisciplinary approach, including participation in monthly pediatric oncology tumor board and comprehensive sickle cell and hemophilia clinics.
We are an established Pediatric Hematology/Oncology program based at our Oakland Medical Center, which includes physicians, case managers, social workers, child life, and support staff. We are a fully integrated program, with electronic medical records, and an innovative and patient care focused environment. Our physician group cares for approximately 500,000 Pediatric patients in the Central Bay Area. The inpatient setting at our Oakland Medical Center includes a 24-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, 35-bed Pediatric ward, and a 12-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit staffed 24/7 by Pediatric Hospitalists and Pediatric Critical Care/Intensivists. We work collaboratively with our Pediatric, Surgical, and Subspecialty colleagues as well as trainees from our own pediatric residency. We also work closely with our fellow Pediatric Hematology/Oncology colleagues at Kaiser Santa Clara and Roseville/Sacramento Medical Centers.
The San Francisco Bay Area is an outstanding and beautiful place to live, with easy access to the San Francisco Bay, Pacific Ocean, Coastal and Sierra Nevada mountains, Napa and Sonoma Valleys, Monterey Bay, and more. The pleasant weather allows for multiple outdoor recreational activities year around. In addition, there are excellent cultural opportunities, professional sports, and schools.
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support.
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing. No RVUs!
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians who reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Collaboration amongst primary and specialty care with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management.
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive vision, medical, and dental
- Interest Free Home Loan Program up to $250,000 (approval required)
- PSLF eligible employer
- Relocation Assistance up to $10,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and Tail Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Optional Long-Term Care Insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including a pension plan and 401(k)
Full-time annual salary range is $300,000 to $309,120 plus additional potential incentives up to $26,100*. Reduced schedules with pro-rated compensation may be available. *Some incentive opportunities are estimates based on potential premium pay. Per Diem range is $144 to $149 per hour Based on Base or Premium Rates.
Kaiser Permanente and TPMG are committed to Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, encouraging all People of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
For more information or to apply, please visit: https://northerncalifornia.permanente.org/careers/.
You may also contact and/or send CV to Judy Padilla at Judy.G.Padilla@kp.org or call 510-625-5915. We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Connect With Us: